- Stephen and Mal's apartment
Stephen and Mal have had to get their floor replaced now for a few weeks. First, their dishwasher leaked water into the floor and the floor needed to be torn up in order to be removed. Next, they got a new dishwasher that also started leaking. It was fixed, but their floor still needed to be replaced.
On Tuesday, the repairman was supposed to stop by but he was a no-show. Yesterday, he started installing the new floor but quickly realized that he had the wrong floorboards in another box. He ended up leaving and promised to return on Saturday (today is Friday).
While sitting at his computer, Stephen got a text from the repair guy.
- "Hey Stephen, I will not be able to make it tomorrow. I will be there Monday. I apologize, I am not feeling well at all. Been in bed all day."
What makes this interesting is the fact that the repairman had told Stephen that he had all-day doctor's appointments on Friday. What makes this even more interesting is the fact that the repairman sent Stephen another message with a photo of him at an auto show earlier that day, accompanied with the following message:
- "Was talking to the girl on the far right after the show. Showed her your picture on Instagram. Wanted to know if you were married haha."
Stephen very quickly realizes that the repairman has been lying to him the entire time. Stephen quickly replied with his own message:
- "You look pretty healthy to me. Hope you enjoyed the car show. You know what we haven't enjoyed? Not having a kitchen floor."
The repairman's response:
- "Just to let you know, I've been home all day. So unless you went to the car show and saw me, I don't appreciate your sarcasm. I'll call the landlord tomorrow and see if somebody else can do the job."
Turns out, Stephen has already contacted the landlord. They'll be looking into the situation more.
The thing is, Stephen might have been okay with the situation if the repairman had been upfront about wanting to go to the car show for a day. The fact that the repairman wanted to lie about attending the show for three days and had continual delays is the most upsetting part.
Stephen just wants his floor fixed.