The painting is based on the loading screen of World 5 from Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, and is the first of her Tropical Freeze paintings to feature Cranky Kong.
Mal was inspired to paint Tropical Freeze because she found the game fun and very innovative when she played it with Stephen on StephenPlays. She particularly liked the loading screens, which had beautiful color choices that fit each world in the game.
- Canvas: 18x24 Gessoed in white
- Favorite Brushes: Blick Studio, Liquitex Basic, and Simply Simmons
- Golden Heavy Body Acrylic in: Mars Black, Titanium White, Primary Magenta, Primary Cyan, Primary Yellow, (optional) Introductory Color Set
- Golden High Flow Acrylic in Titanium White and Carbon Black
- Specialty Items: Golden glazing liquid, palette knife, palette, Chalk pastel pencil, T-square Molotow marker, fine mist spray bottle
- Posters and prints of this painting can be purchased here.
- Mallory has also painted other paintings for the Donkey Kong Country series, which are:
- Sagan makes a cameo in the full version of this painting, which marks his first appearance on MalMakes.